Indramat products were built to last. The durability and reliability of Indramat components is second to none. That being said, you will eventually need to replace an Indramat motor, drive, or some other part. Here’s what you need to know about replacing Indramat equipment.
Before you start replacing equipment…
Hold off on cracking open your tool box and hunting for a replacement part. Before you try replacing Indramat components you should know what you’re getting into.
Your experience with Indramat repair, maintenance, or replacement is probably limited. While you might be able to figure it out eventually after some trial and error, there’s no telling how much time and money could be wasted in the process.
We are Indramat experts with the knowledge and experience to get your system up and running again as quickly as possible. Don’t delay. Call 479-422-0390 for 24/7 Indramat support.
What you need for replacing Indramat equipment
If you’re confident in your ability to replace your Indramat equipment, here’s what you need.
- Indramat product manuals
- A lifting device if necessary
- A matching replacement unit
Start by consulting your product manual. Your manual has invaluable information that will help you properly disconnect and install your equipment, and avoid damaging your machinery.
Steps for replacing Indramat equipment
- Make sure that all machinery is turned off. Once the power is off, make sure that it can’t accidentally be switched back on.
- Wait for all parts to discharge. Test to make sure that machinery isn’t conductive.
- Touch a grounded object to prevent electrostatic discharge.
- Make sure motors are still. Secure hanging axes to prevent movement.
- Confirm that your replacement unit matches the original unit exactly using rating plates.
- Completely disconnect and remove the unit.
- Properly install and connect the new unit.
- Allow movement of hanging axes.
- Restore power to your machinery.
Of course, there’s an easier way to replace Indramat equipment. Call 479-422-0390 when it’s time to replace Indramat components. We can help ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible.