It started out like any other day. You were going through your normal routine of paper, coffee, breakfast, whatever. Only it wasn’t like any other day. You arrive to the factory and something’s not right. You’re not greeted with the happy hum of smooth-running machinery; instead you see Indramat error F218!
For most people an error code roughly translates into, “Go ahead and start panicking.” It’s a cue to promptly start sobbing, crumple to the floor, and throw a woeful tantrum — if only in your mind. However, there is a quick and easy way to resolve Indramat errors; contact Indramat professionals for immediate support.
What does Indramat error F218 mean?
An Indramat F218 error indicates a Heatsink Overtemperature Shutdown. If the temperature of the DKC heatsink exceeds the maximum permissible temperature, the drive powers down to prevent damage.
There are a few things that can cause this error:
- The ambient temperature is too high. Once the the temperature exceeds 113 degrees Fahrenheit (or 45 degrees Celsius), the specified operational data loses validity.
- The DKC’s heatsink could be dirty. Dust, dirt, grit, or grime could be responsible.
- Constricted airflow could be the cause of the problem. Other assembly parts or even the control cabinet assembly can prevent proper airflow and limit cooling.
- You’ve got a defective heatsink blower. Maybe it’s not working as well as it should or maybe it’s not working at all. Either way it’s not keeping things cool.
So you’ve identified the problem, now what? The solutions are pretty intuitive:
- Lower the temperature. If there is overheating, start by cooling the control cabinet.
- Look for any grime or foreign object that could be obstructing the DKC heatsink.
- Try installing the device vertically and then create an area large enough for heat ventilation.
- You may need to exchange the drive. Chances are, we’ll have the part you need on hand.
Call 479-422-0390 for immediate Indramat support
The most important thing to remember when you seen an error message is not to panic. If you can identify the problem, you may find that the solution is pretty painless. Call us any time you need Indramat repair, replacement, or troubleshooting support. We successfully clear most errors over the phone, and have charter flights available when you need on-site support!