Often when we talk to a client for the first time, they have just seen the word “Indramat” for the first time. They’ve followed a cable to a cabinet they’ve never opened, blown the dust off the top of it, pulled it open, and found the mystical word “Indramat” on the component inside the cabinet.
They’ve asked Google what “Indramat” means and found our website. Maybe that’s how you found us, too. If so, you might have one or more of these common questions:
1. What does “Indramat” mean? Indramat was the name of a groundbreaking motion control company. The name stood for “Gesellschaft zur INDustrialisierung-RAtionalisierung und AutoMATisierung,” which translates as “Association for Industrialization, Rationalization, and Automation.” Rexroth acquired Indramat in 1965, to serve as the electrical division of its company. Rexroth joined force with Bosch in the 21st century, and now Bosch Rexroth is the Indramat company.
2. What are Indramat components? The component you see before you bearing the word “Indramat” or perhaps “Rexroth Indramat” is part of a drive and control system, a servo, or maybe a power supply unit.
3. What are the benefits of using Indramat components? Indramat systems are known for their stellar combination of strength and precision. When you need something with a lot of power and also a lot of precision, Indramat is what you want. They’re frequently used for printing, textiles, machine production, and other high pressure jobs.
4. Are there any drawbacks to using Indramat components? The only problem with using Indramat components is that they are no longer made. Rexroth does make new versions of the units and in many cases they are compatible — that is, you can replace your old Indramat unit with a new IndraDrtive or IndraDyn unit. But factory repair or reman is another option.
5. How can I get support for Indramat components? That’s easy. Call us at (479) 422-0390 for immediate assistance. We are Indramat specialists.
Now that we have gone over some frequently asked questions about Indramat components, we hope you feel more confident in your understanding of this complex system. If you need further assistance, our team at (479) 422-0390 is always happy to help. Thank you for reading!