Call 479-422-0390 immediately if your Indramat MKD025B-144-KP1-UN motor stops working. We are trained professionals who specialize in Indramat systems. We can diagnose your error and restore your system as quickly as possible.
Diagnosing Indramat error codes
People make a common mistake when dealing with Indramat error codes: assuming the worst. You see an Indramat drive error, and you immediately assume there’s something wrong with your drive. If your servo shuts down, you assume that your motor is defective.
Starting your troubleshooting process at drive or motor replacement isn’t wise. The most common causes of errors are often the easiest to clear. A bad cable, clogged vents, or even a lose connection can cause errors that bring your system to a halt. Buying a new motor or sending your drive control in for repair won’t fix your problem, and it just adds extra downtime and extra expense.
We can help you diagnose and troubleshoot error codes, and we successfully clear most errors directly over the phone.
Matching the type code
However, if your MKD025B-144-KP1-UN motor is defective, you will need to repair or replace your servo. Replacing Indramat servos can be challenging. Availability, quality of the motor, and even just making sure that you get the right unit complicate the process.
You must replace your MKD025B-144-KP1-UN motor with an identical type code match. Replacing your servos with a different motor will lead to extra downtime, compatibility issues, and extra expense.
Indramat type codes communicate important information. Here’s what your MKD025B-144-KP1-UN motor type code means.
- “MKD” is the motor style. This series of servo motor is designed for many applications including packaging, machine tooling, and web handling.
- “025” is the motor frame size. MKD025B-144-KP1-UN motors have a 54mm flange and a centering diameter of 40mm.
- “B” indicates a 09Nm motor frame length.
- “144” is the servo motors winding code.
- “K” means this motor has a resolver feedback with integrated mutliturn absolute encoder.
- “P” indicates a shaft with a keyway.
- “1” means that this servo has a holding brake.
- “U” indicates that the motor has power and feedback connectors that can rotate 270 degrees.
- “N” means that this is the standard version.
Call 479-422-0390 for support
We have the nation’s largest supply of emergency replacement units for Indramat legacy systems. We can gaurantee that you get the exact unit that your system needs. Alternatively, we can arrange an Indramat factory repair.
Factory repair restores your original unit to like new condition, and provides your motor with a new one-year factory warranty. Call 479-422-0390 for a replacement MKD motor, or to arrange an Indramat factory repair with a 24-hour turnaround.