Your Indramat troubleshooting guide helps you quickly diagnose Indramat errors. Some of these errors are easy to fix in-house. Other errors — such as an Indramat F811 error — have several possible causes, and you may need professional support to clear the error code. Call 479-422-0390 for professional Indramat support.
What causes Indramat error F811?
An F811 error diagnostic message indicates commutation offset could not be determined. This means that your system’s automatic commutation adjustment has failed to determine the commutation offset.
There are several things that might cause an Indramat F811 error:
- Something is preventing motor movement.
- Incorrect direction encoder movement.
- Incorrect motor polarity.
- Movement prevented by a blocked axis.
- Movement prevented by brake.
- The axis is in in endstop position.
When it comes to troubleshooting Indramat errors, always start with the first possible cause in your Indramat troubleshooting guide and work your way down the list. Your manual lists the causes in order of most likely to least likely. For an F811 error code, the most likely cause is that something is blocking motor movement. An axis stuck in endstop position is the least likely cause.
Try these remedial actions for an F811 error:
- Look for a blockage preventing mechanical movement.
- Check the encoder, and invert the direction of movement if necessary.
- Check motor connection to the controller.
- Eliminate any mechanical blocking that prevents movement of the axis.
- Test the brake and control signals to make sure that the brake functions properly.
- Verify that the axis does not remain in endstop position
While you can work your way through the list and cross the possible causes off as you go, the fastest way to eliminate Indramat faults or errors is by contacting Indramat professionals.
Call 479-422-0390 for immediate Indramat support
Getting professional Indramat support is the quickest, most convenient, and the most cost-effective way to restore your Indramat system. We have the knowledge and experience to ensure an accurate diagnosis and efficient repair for your motion control system.
We find that operators often go through the remedial actions and still end up needing professional support — whether that’s assistance with troubleshooting, a replacement unit, or a factory repair.
Skip a step and save time, money, and frustration. Call 479-422-0390 at the first sign of trouble. We answer calls 24/7, and we offer Indramat factory repair services with 24 hour turnaround.