The Indramat EcoDrive series is hallmarked by versatility, quality, and dependability. Most Indramat DKC drives were installed with a set it and forget it mentality. But because these drives are so well made and so reliable, most DKC drives are ultimately forgotten. DKC drives may run two or three decades without ever needing service. If your Indramat drive ever fails — which is quite rare — no one knows how to fix it. We are here to help if your DKC02.3-100-7-FW drive does fail, however.
Replacing a DKC02.3-100-7-FW drive
Most DKC02.3-100-7-FW drives that fail have put in at least two solid decades of service. When a piece of machinery goes out after 20 or 30 years, it’s logical to assume that it needs to be replaced. However, finding a replacement DKC02.3-100-7-FW drive can be tricky and it’s rarely the place to start:
- Legacy parts can be difficult to locate. Every Indramat drive that will ever exist has been around for more than 20 years. The global supply dwindles each time a drive is scrapped or discarded.
- You don’t always know the history of a used or refurbished servo drive. Some third party vendor may have found an old box of drives in a hot and leaky storage unit. Environmental factors compromise the integrity of the unit.
- Buying the wrong DKC drive can cause additional downtime. DKC02.3 drives come in four different current ratings. A DKC02.3-100-7-FW drive is rated for 100 ampere; a 16A or 40A drive aren’t sufficient.
- The cause of your drive error code might not be the drive itself. Indramat drive errors may appear due to loose connections or shorts in a cable. Incorrect parameters, and even pollution can cause an error. Replacing the drive won’t fix these issues.
- Factory repair is more convenient and more cost-effective. Indramat factory repair can have your drive in like new condition within 24 hours. Factory repaired untis come back to you with a new one-year warranty
Call 479-422-0390 for Indramat support
Let us assist you with a repair or a replacement for your Indramat DKC drive. We can also troubleshoot most error codes directly through phone support. Call for immediate support — we answer calls 24/7.